Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rafshizzle wins award!


I don’t often blow my own trumpet.
But when I win an award, I have to firmly talk about it because this is when people get to recognize my help towards others.
I was voted Best Gospel Writer of the Year at the recently concluded Victoria Gospel Music Awards (Viga) held at Kampala Serena Hotel last Sunday. This was to recognize my contribution to the development of gospel music in the country.
Of course the award was for being an outstanding writer and I beat my rivals the likes of Sebidde Kiryowa (New Vision) and Vianne Nsimbe (Weekly Observer), hands down.
Yes, Sebidde and Vianne, please put that in your pipe and smoke it.
And please join me in congratulating other winners: Wilson Bugembe was announced Gospel Artiste of the Year, Judith Babirye’s Bera Nange was Album of the Year, Mesach Ssemakula’s 2005 hit Kankutendereze won Song of the Year, Joan Ndikirya was Female Artist of the Year, while Keeno Charles was announced Male Artiste of the Year.
Bukirwa Stella Maris (Video of the year), Kiyingi George (Best produced song), Voice Of Truth Messenger (Choir of the Year), The Divine (Inspirational Song Of The Year) and Pastor Robert Kayanja won Viga Merit Award.

1 comment:

Dennis D. Muhumuza said...

congs raf. i'll never forget when u told me that u didnt know you were a 'bad' writer until it was too late to stop. well, if 'bad' writing is winning u awards, what would have happened if u were a good writer!!!