Monday, April 13, 2009

Dr Sentamu, preaches patriotism in UK


President Museveni had better give Reverend Dr John Sentamu a call...
Can there be a better patriot than one who stands in front of whites and tells them of how proud he is with his heritage?
The 97th Archbishop of York, Metropolitan of the province of York, and Primate of England has been teaching the British about patriotism.
Dr Sentamu, who is the second most senior cleric in the Church of England said: “Some English people don’t like to say anything about their heritage, for fear of upsetting newcomers. My question to them is simple: Why do you think we came here? There is something very attractive about the UK. As a boy in Uganda, I was taught by British missionaries, just as foreigners brought the Christian faith to England and the rest of the UK, so British foreigners handed on the baton to me, my family and my forebears. All I am doing is reminding the English of what they taught me. To be patriotic is to appreciate and be grateful for all that is valuable in the country you live in.”
Preach!

No comments: